I awoke this morning to the word “distance” playing games in my foggy brain. As usual, Riley was curled beside me making it difficult to move. I love this cat who gives me excuses to stay in a warm bed. The distance between us has decreased in the last year and a half. Seems Riley’s trying to fill the void left by Scott—as if that were possible, but it is comforting when he curls up next to me.
As I lay listening to the soft sound of rain through my slightly open window, another distance concept popped into my head, a 180 degree turn from melancholy. I want to increase the distance between my waist and waistband in 2019!
That did it! What other resolutions could I conjure concerning distance for 2019?
Distances I resolve to increase:
- Miles on the treadmill
- The distance between what I should have done and what I can do by putting the “oughts” behind me
- Concerns about the future set aside in favor of enjoying the moment
Distances I resolve to decrease:
- The distance between judgement and understanding by setting aside initial impressions and seeking to understand
- The distance between seeking purpose, finding it and then acting upon it
- The distance between me and friends by making more of an effort to connect personally
Distances I hope will remain the same:
- The distance between today and good memories of the past. May they not fade away.
And your resolutions for 2019?